Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Another recipe from my Apache Princess=] this is really delicious
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Blend shortening with dry ingredients.
- Add water.
- Mix well, knead lightly.
- Let dough rest, covered, in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 6 to 8 pieces. Keep the dough covered until it is used.
- Take a piece of dough and roll it into a flat circle no more than 1/4 inch thick and cook on a non-stick griddle or lightly greased iron griddle over medium-high heat turning the bread once.
- They should have dark speckles on one side and dark spots on the other.
- Serve them warm.
- They are often torn into pieces and dropped into the broth with the boiled meat.