Recipe by P4
I wish I could take credit for this recipe, but I can't - it came from a chef named Diane Morgan, who wrote The Thanksgiving Table. My husband likes Brussels sprouts so I'm always looking for new ways to serve them. This is the best way I've ever tried. Even people who don't like Brussels sprouts like them this way. Try it.
Top Review by tara portee
This was just perfect! My bacon was a little lean, so I did add a little olive oil to the bacon fat. I used toasted pecans instead of hazelnuts. I would just love to serve this at a dinner party.
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 3 slices bacon, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the stem end of the sprouts and remove any yellow or spotted out leaves.
- Shred the sprouts with the coarse shredding attachment of your food processor.
- Set aside until about 10 minutes before service.
- Cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel to drain.
- Set aside.
- Reserve the bacon fat in the pan.
- Just before serving, reheat the bacon fat in the pan until hot and add the sprouts to the pan.
- Saute until crisp-tender and bright green, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the bacon, hazelnuts, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Taste, adjust seasonings and serve.