Top Review by Abby, Sarah & Eli's Mom
I am not a pumpking pie eater however my friends and family are. I served this Dish Christmas 2009. It got mixed reviews and most said it was like any other standard pumpkin pie they have had. Thus the 3 Stars. 5 stars reserved for those make again spectacular dishes.
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin or 2 cups 35 % fresh cream, cooked
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace or 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄3 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9-inch)
- 3 eggs, separated
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix pumpkin, sugar, spices and salt together. When using fresh pumpkin I use blender.
- Add milk and egg yolks. Mix well.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until firm.
- Fold into pumpkin mix and pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes, then at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- I use the blender for all mixing.