Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from a recipe box from a estate sale.
Top Review by minmin-mika
I often make chiffon cake. Because I liked soft chiffon cake, I reduced some flour and baking powder. And I reduced one egg yolk. I did not put oil, but it was very good. When I made chiffon cake, I did this in the same way because I always made it without oil. Yummy!! The are light and flavorful. Thank you very much!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vnilla extract
- 5 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 5 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Sift flour once, then measure, sift again with baking powder.
- Add sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Then make a well out of sugar and flour, add egg yolks, mazola oil, water, and grated orange rind.
- Then mix well with electric mixer.
- Place egg whites in bowl with cream of tartar, beat until egg whites stand in peaks, then pour flour mixture over egg whites a little at a time. Fold in with rubber or wooden spatula, Do Not beat just stir enough to mix.
- Bake in either layer cake or tube pan, if in tube pan bake at 325 for 70-70 minutes. If in layer pan bake at about 350 for about 45-50 minutes.
- Do Not Grease Pan.