- 3 lbs boston pork shoulder butt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (7 ounce) canswhole chilies, cut in 2 inch strips or 2 lbs fresh green chilies, roasted and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pork in 1 inch cubes.
- Put pork in saucepot; simmer, uncovered, until meat is tender.
- Add all ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-2 hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- Note: may add potatoes, or use other pork roast.
- note: may transfer to crock pot also.