Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is one of the suggested side dishes that goes with Roast Salmon with Spiced Coconut Crumbs Roast (Roast Salmon With Spiced Coconut Crumbs). However, you may want to serve it as a side or starter in combination with other Asian style dishes. I have to admit that I've never followed this recipe exactly, but I often use it as a base.
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons clear honey
- 4 fluid ounces peanut oil
- 3 oranges
- 2 heads chicory lettuce
- 50 g lamb's lettuce (2oz)
- 85 g watercress, large stalks removed (3oz)
- Up to two days ahead:.
- Shake all the dressing ingredients together in a jar. Season and chill.
- Up to a day ahead:.
- Peel (remove peel with a knife, so you get rid of the membrane)and deseed the orange. Cut the segments from the membrane and chill.
- Up to an hour ahead:.
- Slice the chicory in half diagonally so you get loose leaves and a solid stalk end. The leaves will be easy to separate, thinly slice the stalks, add the orange, lamb's lettuce and watercress. Chill until needed.
- To serve:.
- When you're ready, toss in the dressing.