Prep 30 mins
Cook 22 mins
This is a bit more sophisticated than the traditional pigs in blankets but just as sure to be a crowd please. Found at Bon Appetit (Oct '06)
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed (2 sheets)
- 3 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 4 fully cooked chicken-apple sausages, cut crosswise into 8 rounds each (or other seasoned sausage)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat ovn to 400°F.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly flowered work surface. Pierce with a fork and cut into 4 strips (each about 2.5" wide), then cut crosswise into 4 squares per strip for a total of 16 squares. Spread 1/4 tsp mustard in center of each square. Place one sausage round on top, press slightly to anchor. Fold 2 opposite corners over sausage, overlapping slightly, and press to seal. Place these sealed sided down on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining sheet of pastry and sausage rounds.
- Wisk egg and milk in a small bowl. Turn pastries right side up and brush with glaze. Bake for 10 minute Reduce oven to 375°F and continue baking until pastry is puffed and golden (about 10-12 more min). Serve warm!