- 200 g courgettes (Turai, sliced into 5 mm rounds)
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 green chilies (Hari Mirch, or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander (Hara Dhania, chopped) or 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf (Hara Dhania, chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder (Pisi Lal Mirch)
- 1 teaspoon grounded coriander (Pisa Dhania)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder (Pisi Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (Sufaid Saabut Zeera)
- 250 g garbanzo beans (chickpeas ,boiled and drained )
- salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pot and add the onion and cumin seeds. When they start to crackle, add the courgette slices and chickpeas. Stir and sprinkle with the chilli, coriander and turmeric powder(s). Mix well and add the tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt, the green chilli and fresh coriander.
- Cover and cook for about 10-12 mins or until done.