Recipe by Anne Sainz
This was inspired by a Greek Marinade recipe from Jeanne Lemlin's "Vegetarian Pleasures." I loved the mixture of dill, zucchini and olives so I used them as a starting point for this Nutritarian style recipe. You can reduce prep time by using jarred garlic and frozen mushrooms and onion.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil (to coat pan)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms or 6 sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 12 kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 (15 ounce) can low-sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds or 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup chopped cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat large covered skillet with oil.
- Saute garlic, mushrooms and onion until tender crisp, adding small amounts of water as needed to prevent sticking.
- Transfer to large bowl and add zucchini, olives, tomatoes, dill, vinegar, chickpeas and nuts.
- Toss and let sit for 30 min or up to 4 hours Cover and chill if held longer than 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, bring to room temperature.