Recipe by evelyn/athens
Nothing fancy about this dish - just good eating. Round off with some feta cheese and crusty bread.
Top Review by alydes
We love this dish! My hubby is a vegetarian and I am always looking for easy vegetarian meals that make everyone happy :) The only think I do differently is I use fresh spinach as i do not like the taste of frozen spinach. Like many others I was thinking I was going to need to umph it up a little with more spice, so I had them ready but it was completely not needed. Perfect as is :)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 709.77 ml cooked chickpeas
- 354.88 ml chopped fresh tomatoes (or same amount, tinned)
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 283.49 g package frozen spinach, chopped and defrosted
- 1-2 lemon, juice of (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil until the onions are tender.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, pepper flakes (to suit your taste), and oregano,and paprika.
- Cover and simmer for about 18 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach and cook about 7 minutes longer, or until spinach is cooked.
- Add the lemon juice (I usually like to add the juice of about 1 1/2 lemons. Add the juice of 1 lemon, taste and adjust to your own, personal taste), salt and pepper.