- 1 1⁄2 cups dried garbanzo beans, soaked overnight and drained (chickpeas)
- salt, to taste
- 2 onions, peeled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the chickpeas and place in a saucepan.
- Cover with cold water and simmer for 2 hours or until tender.
- Salt to taste near the end.
- Drain and place in a salad bowl.
- Mash the chickpeas a little with a fork.
- In the meantime, steam the onions whole until tender (about 30 minutes).
- Slice and add to the chickpeas.
- Mix together the vinegar, rosemary and oil with some salt in a bowl.
- Pour over the chickpeas, mix well and serve.