Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another one from my foreign food-loving sister, Ashley. She says this is like a stew that reheats well and tastes good over anything.
- 4 -6 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- stock or sherry wine, for sauteing
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, mixed with
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 can chopped green chili
- 3 -5 drops lemon juice
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sauté garlic in stock or sherry for 2 minutes, then add the diluted tomato paste and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Then add the chickpeas, water, potato, salt, green chilies, ground cumin and lemon juice.
- Add cayenne pepper if desired for extra spiciness.
- Simmer 20 minutes (add water as needed).
- Serve with bread.
- Serves 2.