Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A yummy vegan recipe for chickpeas! You can eat this hot or cold.
Make and share this Chickpeas With Creamy Lemon Pecan Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Chop the roasted red pepper into small pieces and set aside. You can roast the red pepper yourself or buy a jar of roasted red peppers.
- Heat a stainless steel or cast iron frying pan over medium heat for 1 or 2 minutes. Don't add any oil.
- Add the pecans to the frying pan and stir occasionally until they begin to give off a nutty smell and they start to turn slightly brown, about 5 minutes. This brings out their flavor. If you are unfamiliar with the process of dry-roasting nuts, it is better to remove them too early than too late. If they get too brown, their flavor will turn bitter.
- When the pecans are done, remove them from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium size nonreactive bowl, add the freshly squeezed lemon juice (removing any seeds) and the miso. Stir until well mixed.
- Grind the pecans in a coffee grinder or food processor and add to the lemon-miso mixture. Stir well. The sauce should be thick, but if it is more like a paste, add a tiny bit of water to make it a thick sauce.
- Add the chopped red peppers and stir.
- Add 3/4 of the sauce to the chickpeas and stir well. Depending on how light a sauce you like, this may be enough. If you want the beans thick with sauce, add more sauce, up to the full amount. Any extra sauce can be used over vegetables or brown rice. Enjoy!