Recipe by Laka
A hearty and warming chickpeas and meatballs recipe can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.
- 400 g beef mince
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon seasoning, garam masala*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 red chili, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 a bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 800 g chickpeas, from a tin, washed and drained
- 600 ml tomato passata
Seasoning Garam masala
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the ground beef in a bowl with salt, pepper and the garam masala. Divide into 4, then roll each piece into 4 balls with wet hands.
- Sauté meatballs in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, toss until dark golden all over. Take out of the pan with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to get rid of any excessive fat.
- In the same pan sauté onion, garlic and chili in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 40 seconds, then add the chickpeas and the passata, cover and bring to the boil. Loosen the sauce with a splash of water if needed.
- Serve with the meatballs and sprinkle with chopped parsley.