Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a nice little Dutch side dish.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 2 apples
- 50 ml apple juice
- 50 g raisins
- 25 g butter
- 200 g bacon, diced
- 2 large onions, diced
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Drain chickpeas and rinse under cold running water.
- Peel, core and roughly chop apples.
- Mix apples in a bowl with apple juice and raisins; leave to marinate a while.
- In a large non stick skillet, heat butter and fry diced bacon until crisp.
- Add diced onion and continue frying 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and fry until heated through (about 10 minutes).
- Season to taste and serve with apple salad.