- Carla -'s Note:
This is a nice little Dutch side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain chickpeas and rinse under cold running water.
- 2Peel, core and roughly chop apples.
- 3Mix apples in a bowl with apple juice and raisins; leave to marinate a while.
- 4In a large non stick skillet, heat butter and fry diced bacon until crisp.
- 5Add diced onion and continue frying 8 to 10 minutes.
- 6Add chickpeas and fry until heated through (about 10 minutes).
- 7Season to taste and serve with apple salad.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpeas With Apple Salad
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.0
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 47.3 mg
- Sodium 966.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 23.9 g
- Protein 15.7 g