Recipe by Pantry Savvy
This wonderful combination recipe is light but also high in protein. A great balanced arrangement of vegetables and protein. Since I have high cholesterol and blood pressure I have taken the time to try and balance all the food groups in this meal. You can eat it as a side dish or in combination with additional vegetables. What I also love about this recipe is that the "Yogurt Dressing" I pour oven my fish when I bake it. Yummy!
- 1 (540 ml) can chickpeas, drain & rinse
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced and quartered
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 1 yellow pepper, small, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, add chick peas, tomatoes, red onion (keep 1 tablespoon of red onion for dressing), yellow pepper, garlic and black pepper. Mix well. Cool in refrigerator for at least one half hour.
- Prepare the dressing:.
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing in one bowl.
- Add dressing to chick pea mixture. Mix all ingredients together to coat. Let sit for an additional 5-10 minutes in refrigerator before serving. This way the dressing will absorb into the dish. Makes 4 servings.