Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Tastes even better if you let it sit for half and hour. From the Tapas section in a supermarket handout.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups thinly slice onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup cherries or 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup pale dry sherry
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, until onions are soft and golden, about 20 minutes.
- Add garlic, paprika, and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and cook until they soften and give up their juice, about 2 minutes. Add sherry, stir to combine, cook until flavors have mingled, about 1-2 minutes. Add chickpeas, stir, cover pan, cook until chickpeas are warmed through, about 2 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and parsley. Stir to combine and serve either hot, warm, or at room temperature.