2 hrs 30 mins
From the book Tapas by Penelope Casas. Garbanzos con cebollas. Very simple, but delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak chickpeas in cold water overnight.
- 2Drain and place in a deep casserole with the garlic clove, onion sliced, bay leaf , salt and cover with water.
- 3Boil and then bring to simmer for 1 1/2 hours until chickpeas are tender.
- 4Drain discarding the garlic and bay leaf.
- 5In a skillet heat the oil and saute the onion for a minute.
- 6Add the tomato, cover and cook very slowly until the onion is cooked but not colored, about 15 minutes.
- 7Combine with the chickpeas. may be prepared ahead.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpeas in Onion Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.6
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 590.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g