Recipe by Elise and family
Ah yes, the noble chickpea. Here is another easy way to enjoy this handy, healthy pulse - recipe adapted from the ingredients list on a package of precooked Indian food (thus the name). Serve on a bed of rice for a gently spiced meal of these cute little beans.
- 1 (19 fluid ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (1/2 a can)
- 1 dash salt
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot, fry garlic and ginger in a bit of olive oil (not so hot that it smokes). Add tomato paste and enough water to make a soupy texture. Stir well. Add chickpeas, add salt. Heat to almost boiling. Add enough milk at end and just heat through, enough to make a creamy texture. Serve on a bed of rice, and enjoy!