Recipe by breezermom
From Cooking Light. Do not make this unless you have sherry vinegar and Spanish smoked paprika. Do not use regular paprika or it's not the same. Serve on grilled bread. Serving size is 2/3 cup.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
We made this recipe last night for dinner and thought it was good. It makes for a good weeknight meal as the prep is not difficult and it comes together fairly quickly. It looks nice and bright on the plate. I followed the ingredients and preparation as specified. I served atop Trader Joe's garlic naan, which I felt was complimentary. Made for Photo Tag Spring 2013.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 946.36 ml onions, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4.92 ml spanish smoked paprika
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 59.14 ml vegetable broth
- 411.06 g can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 425.24 g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 255.14 g package fresh spinach
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 9.85 ml sherry wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat. Add the onion and garlic; cover and cook 8 minutes oruntil tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in smoked paprika; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add wine, broth, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Add the chickpeas. Reduce heat, and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly (about 15 minutes); stir occasionally.
- Add spinach; cover and cook 2 minutes or until the spinach wilts. Stir in parsley and vinegar.