From Cooking Light. Do not make this unless you have sherry vinegar and Spanish smoked paprika. Do not use regular paprika or it's not the same. Serve on grilled bread. Serving size is 2/3 cup.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups onions, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon spanish smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat. Add the onion and garlic; cover and cook 8 minutes oruntil tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in smoked paprika; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add wine, broth, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Add the chickpeas. Reduce heat, and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly (about 15 minutes); stir occasionally.
- Add spinach; cover and cook 2 minutes or until the spinach wilts. Stir in parsley and vinegar.