Recipe by jkworth
This is a recipe that I got from a vegetarian cookbook and made a few modifications to. We have fallen for this dish and now make it a few times a month. My two year old also loves it. We tried it out on some non-vegetarians and they all loved it.
- 425.24 g can chickpeas
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 78.07 ml parsley
- 29.58 ml sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 236.59 ml basmati rice (uncooked)
- 473.18 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook water, rice, thyme, and bay leaf and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and half of the butter in a skillet and then add chickpeas.
- When chickpeas start to lightly brown (about 5 mins) add parsley and the sun-dried tomatoes and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add oregano, basil, salt, and pepper and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix rice and chickpeas together until rice is a golden color.
- Mix in remaining butter (cubed) and Parmesan cheese.