Recipe by baldyeaglehead
It's fun to cook for my vegan neighbors, but also a challenge to come up with food that has texture in addition to good flavor.
- 1 onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1⁄4 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch chipotle pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- First boil a quarter pound of penne noodles.
- while that is going, saute an onion in some olive oil.
- add the rinsed chickpeas in the pan to roast a little.
- in a blender, add the peppers, garlic, olive oil, chipotle, pecans, salt and pepper, and catsup.
- toss everything together and cook on low heat, just long enough to heat the sauce through.
- squeeze some lemon juice on top and serve.