It's fun to cook for my vegan neighbors, but also a challenge to come up with food that has texture in addition to good flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First boil a quarter pound of penne noodles.
- 2while that is going, saute an onion in some olive oil.
- 3add the rinsed chickpeas in the pan to roast a little.
- 4in a blender, add the peppers, garlic, olive oil, chipotle, pecans, salt and pepper, and catsup.
- 5toss everything together and cook on low heat, just long enough to heat the sauce through.
- 6squeeze some lemon juice on top and serve.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpeas and Penne With Pecan Red Pepper Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.8
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 640.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 8.8 g