Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
It's fun to cook for my vegan neighbors, but also a challenge to come up with food that has texture in addition to good flavor.
- First boil a quarter pound of penne noodles.
- while that is going, saute an onion in some olive oil.
- add the rinsed chickpeas in the pan to roast a little.
- in a blender, add the peppers, garlic, olive oil, chipotle, pecans, salt and pepper, and catsup.
- toss everything together and cook on low heat, just long enough to heat the sauce through.
- squeeze some lemon juice on top and serve.
Very easy and very flavorful. I think next time I'll add a tad more chipotle powder; don't want it to blow my head off or anything, just want it to be a little more present.
As other reviewers have said, this is a great recipe - it was easy to put together and full of flavour. I used white beans instead of chickpeas, walnuts instead of pecans, and some chipotle-adobo purÃ©e instead of chipotle powder. Next time, I'll try it with lime instead of lemon.
This is seriously awesome.. so much flavor and very filling!