Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A light soup, good both summer and winter. Prep. time does not include soaking chickpeas.
Make and share this Chickpea Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Soak chickpeas in water for 12-24 hours.
- Drain and rinse.
- Bring chickpeas to a boil in the 6 cups of water.
- Reduce heat and simmer (covered) 1 hour.
- Add leak, onion, bay leaf, thyme, marjoram and cabbage.
- Simmer on low heat for about 45 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and celery and simmer another 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.