Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe from Cooking Light. Serve with pita chips or eat as a salad!
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 cups carrots, finely shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups red bell peppers, thinly sliced (or yellow pepper)
- 1 1⁄2 cups plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 12 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- To prepare the dressing, combine the first 8 ingredients in a small bowl; stir mixture with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, combine carrot and next 5 ingredients (carrots through chickpeas) in a large bowl. Pour 1/2 cup dressing over carrot mixture, tossing gently to coat. Place 2 cups lettuce on each of 6 plates, and drizzle each serving with about 1 tablespoons dressing. Top each serving with 1 1/3 cups carrot mixture.
What a fun, healthy salad! I love all of the extra veggies. The dressing was very flavorful, due to the curry, and paired beautifully with the chickpeas. I have plenty of dressing to use on my salads tomorrow. Thank you!