Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
Entered for safe-keeping, found in Nutrition Action New1/2 sletter for June 2012.
Make and share this Chickpea Tomato Dream from C S P I recipe from Food.com.
- 14 1⁄2 ounces no-salt-added garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh tomatoes, chopped and drained (3 cups) or 35 ounces canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Toss chickpeas, tomatoes, dill, basil, oil, vinegar, and garlic.
- Let stand for 15 minutes, then add up to 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste.
I made this last week, and making it again for a BBQ tonight. It was great! So simple but super tasty. What a great way to use fresh summer tomatoes and garden fresh dill and basil!
Very tasty indeed. I'm not a great dill fan so just skipped it (I love garlic dill pickles though, go figure!). I crushed the chick peas slightly and used this great veggie salad mix to make crustini for lunch. I had two and there is a good bit left for more even though I made a half recipe, Whoop. I'm hoping it sticks around until tomorrow's lunch. :D
this is so fast to put together cause i used cans i threw in some sliced black olives with it this salad is very refreshing oh i used dried herbs a tablespoon each . its not as good as fresh but i thought it worked well for me