Recipe by Jessica H.
I have an abundance of squash and chickpeas right now (darn sales make me go CRAZY!) so I had to use them up somehow. I just kinda threw some stuff together and this is what I came up with!
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut your squash in half and remove seeds. if it's too difficult, pop it in the microwave for a minute and then cut in half.
- Sprinkle squash halves with salt, pepper, and seasonings (I used a generic Italian mix).
- Put both halves back into the microwave, and cook in 2-3 minute increments, until squash is soft and fork tender.
- Neanwhile, dump all remaining ingredients in a bowl, saving 1/4 cup cheese for later.
- Mix together and add some more Italian seasoning to this.
- When your squash halves are cooked, load them up with the filling and then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Set your oven on broil and put your squash halves under them until the cheese is melted and turning golden brown.