Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
This was a really happy accident it was a rescue attempt when another recipe went wrong and it was so delicious I had to post it so I could make it again. These are the basic ingredients but I was planning to add a handful of raisins next time I make this.
- 400 g tinned chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce (e.g. maggi brand)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl mix the chutney, chili sauce, garam masala, chili powder, coriander and cumin to form a paste.
- Heat the oil and fry the paste for one minute.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the pan, stir very well to coat the chickpeas with oil and spice mix.
- Continue to cook the peas for 5 minutes over a moderate to high heat longer if desired.
- Add the brown rice to the pan and mix well to coat the rice, cook for a further 3 - 4 minutes so the rice is hot and the grains are broken up.
- Serve drizzle with plain yoghurt or sour cream.