Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Super healthy and fast! This recipe is different than the other chickpea recipes posted. Was printed in my local newspaper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons marjoram
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chickpeas (drained)
- 36 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup ditalini (cooked according to package directions)
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach (chopped)
- Combine all but pasta and spinach.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree about half of the soup.
- Add cooked pasta and spinach.
- Simmer for a few minutes until spinach is wilted.
This soup was really good. It came together fast and was super healthy. We added some hot pepper flakes which really upped the flavour. This will definitely be made again. (Looking forward to having this for lunch today!)
Healthy and tasty, plus easy to make. Three excellent characteristics for any recipe to have! I didn't have any marjoram so I used Italian seasoning. I think it could have use a few more spices though. It seemed just a little 'flat'. I also didn't have any ditalini, so I used rotini instead. Thanks for sharing!