Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I am a big fan of chickpeas and chorizo so this sounds like a good bet. I found this recipe in February 2008 copy of the British cookery magazine, Olive.
- 25 fluid ounces chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 dried chili, chopped
- 5 ounces curly kale, shredded
- 4 slices chorizo sausage, shredded
- Fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the chickpeas,chicken stock and chilli.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the kale and cook for 3 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and top with the chorizo.
I am sorry to say that this soup was very average and lacking in flavour. It tasted like chickpeas in chicken stock. None of the other flavours came through at all. I think you could easily fix this by frying the chorizo with the onions and garlic and adding salt and lemon juice at the end. This recipe needs the lemon juice to lift the flavours. Thanks Sarah Jayne. Made for PAC Spring 2008.