Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3⁄4 cup roasted almonds, broken into pieces
- 2 cups canned chick-peas, rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron
- 7 cups water
- Place half of the oil in a deep skillet and heat. Once hot, add onion, garlic, some salt and pepper and cook until onion softens and starts to brown.
- Stir in the almonds and the saffron. Turn off heat.
- Add chickpeas and water to the skillet. Mash until most of the peas are crushed. Cook until hot.