Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Creamy with half and half and pureed chickpeas, the warm spice of cumin and garnished with cilantro. If you don't care for cilantro, use parsley. This recipe can be halved or doubled easily. Enjoy!
- Heat the chickpeas, onion, cumin and stock until the stock boils.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree the mixture in a food processor(or blender) and return to the pot.
- Mix the flour and 2 tablespoons of butter into a past,e and then add it to the soup in small pinches. After each addition whisk until smooth.
- Simmer the soup for 10 minutes. Add the remaining butter and enough half and half to reach the desired consistency.
- Correct seasoning and garnish generously with cilantro (or parsley).
This recipe is almost a blank slate - it allows for quite a bit of modification. I found it to be a bit on the bland side (I am sure because for the last week I've made a different spicy soup each day), and found it needed more pepper and cumin. I also added some red pepper flakes, and it really hit the spot when I added some fresh lemon juice to my bowl.