Recipe by jonesies
Low in calories and fat. Taken from www.fooddownunder.com. Note: cooking time does not include soaking.
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 9 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak chickpeas in the water overnight.
- In a saucepan, bring chickpeas and their soaking water to a boil and cook over medium heat for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a separate pan, stir-fry the onions and garlic in the butter until they begin to brown.
- Add the cilantro leaves and stir-fry for a few moments longer, then add the contents of the frying pan and the remaining ingredients to the chickpeas.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 1 hour or until the chickpeas are tender.