1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is from the cookbook "Twelve Months of Monastery Soups"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the chickpeas overnight. Rinse them in cold water.
- 2Chop the spinach. Pour the oil into a soup pot, add the leeks, and saute over medium heat for a few minutes.
- 3Add the water, chickpeas, spinach, garlic, herbs and salt and pepper.
- 4Bring soup to a boil and reduce to low-heat. Cover pot and cook for 50-60 minutes until chickpeas are tender. Simmer for 15 more minutes.
- 5Blend soup and pour back into pot to reheat. Add butter and croutons to each serving.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea Soup a La Provencale
Serving Size: 1 (546 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.9
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 54.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: