Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is from the cookbook "Twelve Months of Monastery Soups"
Make and share this Chickpea Soup a La Provencale recipe from Food.com.
- Soak the chickpeas overnight. Rinse them in cold water.
- Chop the spinach. Pour the oil into a soup pot, add the leeks, and saute over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add the water, chickpeas, spinach, garlic, herbs and salt and pepper.
- Bring soup to a boil and reduce to low-heat. Cover pot and cook for 50-60 minutes until chickpeas are tender. Simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Blend soup and pour back into pot to reheat. Add butter and croutons to each serving.
Excellent soup! I absolutely loved it. The leek added a sweetness to the soup and the spinach made it both healthy and colourful! I left out the crouton and added oregano and a bay leaf. Its a keeper! Made it for PAC Spring 2008. Thanks for posting!