Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
In my efforts to get more beans in our diet, I came across this recipe. It makes a satisfying main dish salad. There are instructions how to cook up dried chickpeas
- 2 cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped (or parsley)
- Salad: In a bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
- Dressing: In a food processor, process all dressing ingredients, except cilantro, until smooth.
- Combine with salad and cilantro; toss to coat.
- To cook dried chickpeas: Cover 2 cups chick-peas in water and bring them to a boil for 3 minutes.
- Leave covered for 1 hour, drain water, cover with fresh water and simmer for 20 - 30 minutes or until tender.