Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on a cooking blog that my sister told me about. www.orangette.blogspot.com She posts some really interesting recipes and this one sounds delicious. I can't wait to try it! After trying this recipe myself and reading Kat's Mom's review, I upped the lemon juice. You could alsp possibly increase the the parmesan cheese.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, loosely packed shredded
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and stir gently to mix. Taste, and adjust seasoning as necessary. Serve immediately, or chill, covered, until serving.
- Note: This salad keeps well in the fridge and is, in my humble opinion, best eaten cold.
I really wanted to love this, but despite adjusting the seasonings and adding black pepper, it still just tasted like chickpeas. I used a good parmigiano reggiano cheese and fresh EVOO. Perhaps a *tablespoon* lemon juice?