Recipe by Miss Allison
A delicious, easy salad that makes a great side dish (I've gotten great feedback at potlucks!). In a pinch, you can substitute different herbs (I've used Italian seasoning with fine results) or use dried instead of fresh.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed (garbanzo beans)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 roma tomato, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; toss until chickpeas are well-coated. Let sit at room temperature for one hour, or refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- Note: If using dried herbs, be sure to half the amounts to avoid flavor overload! When using dried herbs, it is best to let the dish sit overnight so they release more of their flavor.