Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this simple yet flavorful Indian recipe in "The Best Recipes in the World" by Mark Bittman, a cookbook given to me for Christmas.
- 3 cups chickpeas
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- cilantro leaf, for garnish
- Toss the chickpeas, peppers, onion and ginger together in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle on the cumin, sugar, and lemon juice and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with cilantro, if using, and serve.
Yum, the longer this sat, the betterit got! I quarered the recipe just for me, enjoyed it too! Thanks! Made for the Asian tag game.
Chickpeas are not among my favorite ingredients, but I really liked this! It was colorful and well seasoned. I did drain & rinse the chickpeas before making the salad. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
this was a tasty salad. for our personal preference, however, it was a bit too sweet. i would make this again, however, i would decrease the amount of sugar and use ginger juice instead of grated ginger, maybe even up the amount of ginger. after initial tasting we took winkki's suggestion and added some curry powder. definitely a good addition!