Recipe by morgainegeiser
This is a very healthy, herb based salad. Has a nice strong cilantro taste, making it slightly spicey, but still refreshing.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was a tasty recipe that was great as a packable lunch. I made this exactly as posted, except I used cumin powder instead of cumin seed. The vinaigrette has a lovely flavor to it. For the fresh herbs, I used parsley and cilantro, which gave it a really verdant flavor. I was generous with the salt and pepper, as I find chick peas can use it. Thanks for sharing this healthy recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2010.
- 2.5 (1027.67 g) can chickpeas
- 354.88 ml finely diced red onions
- 59.16 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red jalapeno chile, minced
- 44.37 ml finely chopped minced herbs (thyme, mint, tarragon, parsley or cilantro)
- 14.79 ml cilantro leaf
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 22.18 ml crushed cumin seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and rinse canned chickpeas.
- Toss beans in a bowl with the onions.
- For the Vinaigrette: whisk olive oil with garlic, jalapeno, herbs, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Let stand for 30 minutes longer.
- Add cilantro leaves as garnish. Serve at room temperature.
- Preparation time does not include "standing" time.