1/3 Photos of Chickpea Salad With Garlic-Cumin Vinaigrette
This is a very healthy, herb based salad. Has a nice strong cilantro taste, making it slightly spicey, but still refreshing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2.5 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced red onions
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red jalapeno chile, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped minced herbs (thyme, mint, tarragon, parsley or cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons crushed cumin seeds
- 1Drain and rinse canned chickpeas.
- 2Toss beans in a bowl with the onions.
- 3For the Vinaigrette: whisk olive oil with garlic, jalapeno, herbs, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 4Let stand for 30 minutes longer.
- 5Add cilantro leaves as garnish. Serve at room temperature.
- 6Preparation time does not include "standing" time.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea Salad With Garlic-Cumin Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.7
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 775.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: