No such thing as too many chickpea salads! This was an especially good version I thought, altered a bit with my own and my BF's taste in mind. Extremely easy and no cooking involved, particularly good for lunch at the office or a weekend picnic since it's best at room temperature. If you'd like to make this for a no-cook summer dinner, it's a main meal for two (with a side of green vegetables) or a side dish for four. A Sara Foster recipe from the 4/2007 version of Cottage Living.
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained or 1 cup dried garbanzo beans, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, drained and chopped (from a jar)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- Stir together first 7 ingredients in a bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until well blended.
- Toss chickpeas and next 4 ingredients in large bowl, and drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Add sea salt and pepper. Add feta cheese and toss gently. Serve immediately at room temperature or chill until ready to serve.