Recipe by Boomette
This is a recipe from the Coup de Pouce. This is an express recipe.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
What a delightful salad! I love chickpeas but am not a big fan of cumin; however, the spices were balances perfectly in this. I used a regular cucumber, tomatoes, and light green peppers that were all straight from the farm. The mint, walnuts, and feta really boosted this up, I think. I doubled the recipe and my DBF will be taking this to work for lunch all weeklong! Made by a Tasty Tester for ZWT9.
- 2 pita bread
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 19 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup English cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, cut in fine strips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 8 boston lettuce leaves
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each pita bread in 8 slices. Put slices on a baking sheet and cook under the preheated grill 1 to 2 minutes or until crispy. In a large bowl, with a whisk, mix lemon juice, oil, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, green onions, nuts and mint. Stir.
- Put 2 lettuce leaves on each bowl (4 bowls) and distribute chickpea salad. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve with pita slices.