Recipe by katie in the UP
Wonderful and quick salad from Bon Appetit International cookbook.
Top Review by CookstoRelax
I just made this and liked it very much. I didn't have any cumin seeds so I toasted some ground cumin and added it to the evoo, it worked well infusing the oil with a toasty cumin flavor. Other than that I changed nothing.Very nice and very easy summer dish.Thanks for a great one!
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine il and cumin seeds in heavy small saucepan.
- Cook over med heat 5 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely.
- Instead of sundried tomatoes in oil, I used dried tomatoes and reconstituted them in 1/2 cup of boiling water then cooled them and sliced.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Add cumin oil and toss to blend.
- Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.
- This can be made a day ahead, cover and refrigerate.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.