Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A fast preparation for lunches to bring to work, or summer picnics and pot-lucks! Variation: For a fun and fruity twist, add a thin layer of gelatin-free cranberry sauce, orange marmalade, or stem ginger spread.
- 8 slices of your favourite bread (Whole Wheat, Rice, Spelt, Kamut, etc.)
- 2 cups chickpeas, Drained and Rinsed (Garbanzo Beans)
- 4 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise (such as Nayonaise, Veganaise or other mayonnaise substitute)
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard (or any favourite you may have) or 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard (or any favourite you may have)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 large dill pickle, finely chopped (or two smaller dill pickles)
- 2 green onions, White parts only, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper (or to Taste)
- 3 cups fresh spinach, rinsed and dried
- Combined Chickpeas, Nayonaise, Mustard, Celery, Pickles and Onions in a medium-sized mixing bowl and mix with a carefully with a spatula.
- Using a potato masher, mash mixture to desired consistency.
- Spread a thin layer on to one slice of bread, add as much spinach as desired, spread more chickpea salad to the other slice of bread and add salt and pepper to taste.