A fast preparation for lunches to bring to work, or summer picnics and pot-lucks! Variation: For a fun and fruity twist, add a thin layer of gelatin-free cranberry sauce, orange marmalade, or stem ginger spread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices of your favourite bread (Whole Wheat, Rice, Spelt, Kamut, etc.)
- 2 cups chickpeas, Drained and Rinsed (Garbanzo Beans)
- 4 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise (such as Nayonaise, Veganaise or other mayonnaise substitute)
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard (or any favourite you may have) or 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard (or any favourite you may have)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 large dill pickle, finely chopped (or two smaller dill pickles)
- 2 green onions, White parts only, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper (or to Taste)
- 3 cups fresh spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1Combined Chickpeas, Nayonaise, Mustard, Celery, Pickles and Onions in a medium-sized mixing bowl and mix with a carefully with a spatula.
- 2Using a potato masher, mash mixture to desired consistency.
- 3Spread a thin layer on to one slice of bread, add as much spinach as desired, spread more chickpea salad to the other slice of bread and add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea Salad Sandwiches!
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.4
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1193.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper