Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I clipped this recipe from a magazine a few years ago and finally tried it. My very picky DD liked this dish :). It would be good for brown bag lunches. Just pack the salad mixture into a separate sealed container and fill your pitas when you're ready to eat.
- 538.64 g can chickpeas, drained (and rinsed)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 236.59 ml cucumber, chopped
- 236.59 ml swiss cheese, diced (or cheddar, mozzarella, feta, etc) or 236.59 ml soy cheese
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml vinegar or 14.79 ml lemon juice or 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 3 pita breads, cut in half
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients, tossing to mix everything evenly.
- Spoon into pita pockets.
- For Vegan use the soy cheese option.
One tomato was enough. I used cheddar cheese in mine. I used a bit less of 2 tbp of olive oil. I used lemon juice. Thanks for this healthy recipe, perfect for lunch. :) Made for 123 hit wonders
This was a great lunch!! Made this for PAC 2007 - only changes I made was to add some red bell peppers and use tortillas instead of pita breads! Thanks Dreamer! :)
We really enjoyed this easy to make salad for lunch today. I had all of the ingredients on hand and they needed using, so this worked out perfectly. I used white cheddar for the cheese since I was looking to use it up. This was fine, but I imagine given the rest of the ingredients in the salad, that I would prefer feta next time. I used cherry tomatoes for the tomatoes, and red wine vinegar (a little more than called for) to give it an extra zing. My pita was not hearty enough to hold the salad well and I need a fork to catch what spilled out. DH wrapped his second serving in lavash and this worked much better. We both agreed we would have this again. Served with tomato and lentil soup. Made for VIP tag Veggie Swap March 2013.