Recipe by Engrossed
From: "The Art of South American Cookery" by Myra Waldo, 1961ed. Posted for Zaar World Tour 4.
Top Review by duonyte
A very tasty salad that ccan be the basis for some interesting variations. I used chickpeas that I cooked myself, and I pulled them out of the crockpot and doused them with the dressing. I think I would add some chopped parsley or thyme, to punch up the flavor a bit. I did not use the cream cheese, it just did not sound appealing, but I might try some manchego or mozzarella. I also think that adding some fresh veggies would be a nice variation - fresh diced tomato or zucchini.
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained (garbanzo beans)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, diced
- 3⁄4 cup onion, thinly sliced
- lettuce, to serve
- 3 hardboiled egg, peeled and quartered, to serve