- 300 g dried garbanzo beans
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large green cucumber, seeded, chopped coarsely (400g)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium red onion, chopped finely
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 60 ml lime juice
- 60 ml olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chickpeas in large bowl and soak overnight.
- Cook chickpeas in a large saucepan of boiling water uncovered until tender, about 50 minutes.
- Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Combine chickpeas in large bowl with tomato, cucumber,celery, onion, mint and salt, toss gently with remaining ingredients.