1/2 Photos of Chickpea Salad
1 hr 10 mins
This is a good salad as it can be made the day before. If you don't want to cook use 2 400gr tins chickpeas. I can't remember where I got this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g dried garbanzo beans
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large green cucumber, seeded, chopped coarsely (400g)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium red onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup firmly packed finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 60 ml lime juice
- 60 ml olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1Place chickpeas in large bowl and soak overnight.
- 2Cook chickpeas in a large saucepan of boiling water uncovered until tender, about 50 minutes.
- 3Rinse under cold water and drain.
- 4Combine chickpeas in large bowl with tomato, cucumber,celery, onion, mint and salt, toss gently with remaining ingredients.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea Salad
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.7
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 8.2 g