Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a good salad as it can be made the day before. If you don't want to cook use 2 400gr tins chickpeas. I can't remember where I got this recipe.
- 300 g dried garbanzo beans
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large green cucumber, seeded, chopped coarsely (400g)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium red onion, chopped finely
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 60 ml lime juice
- 60 ml olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Place chickpeas in large bowl and soak overnight.
- Cook chickpeas in a large saucepan of boiling water uncovered until tender, about 50 minutes.
- Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Combine chickpeas in large bowl with tomato, cucumber,celery, onion, mint and salt, toss gently with remaining ingredients.
Delicious! I added some avocado, which went wonderfully with it.
I used 2 400g cans of chickpeas, and everything else as listed. We loved it! The mint gave the salad a lovely touch of sweetness, and we really enjoyed the variety of tastes and textures. I'm not normally keen on a strong raw garlic flavour and the garlic did leave quite an aftertaste, and the smell of the left-overs permeated the fridge. For this reason I initially thought I'd cut the garlic to one clove next time, but the dressing is so tasty I don't know if I want to mess with it. :) Thank you for a delicious recipe!
This recipe is so incredibly easy and delicious!! Thank you Latchy for sharing it. I also add in sweet peppers, and a couple Peperoncini Peppers. Simply delish!