Always better made a day or the night before and kept in the fridge to allow the flavours to infuse. This salad has a low glycemic load.
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl.